The minimalist style has recently dominated the interiors of houses, apartments, and offices. The principle of "less is more" is more and more frequent not only with architects but also with regard to fashion and other aspects of everyday life. The minimalist style in the interiors is characterized by harmony, introduces order and balance, and most importantly, it facilitates everyday functioning. Why is it worth arranging your space in this way? How to arrange the interior so that the minimalist style is well reflected? Read our article to find out all about these arrangements. We will also advise you on how to transfer the minimalist style to the living room, kitchen or bathroom. We invite you to read!
Minimalistic style in interiors - why is it worth it?
What is it about minimalist interiors that makes them so eager to arrange them in this style? A finish like this has many advantages:
- convenience in everyday use - the old rule says that the less the better. The minimalism of the interior is characterized by the lack of unnecessary accessories, which makes it easier to clean. There are fewer items that only catch dust, so it takes much less time to clean things up.
- peace and harmony - a minimalist interior means that most items are hidden in wardrobes and chests of drawers. Few things are in view, thanks to which your surroundings are neat and tidy.
- antiallergic - when choosing minimalist interiors, many people abandon carpets, wallpapers or curtains. Thanks to this, dust does not settle on these places, which in turn makes such arrangements friendly to people with allergies.
- promotes concentration - minimalist interior design and open space without an excess of objects makes it much easier to focus and concentrate on your tasks. The lack of distractions in a minimalist style is a great option for people who arrange a place to work in their homes.
As you can see, the minimalist style in interiors has many advantages. So how to arrange it and what to pay attention to?
Minimalistic style of the interior - colors
The minimalist style includes interiors in subdued, neutral colors. The most frequently used colors are:
Rather, it focuses on cool shades that further enlarge the space. Walls, floors, doors, and furniture in a minimalist style are also chosen in these shades. More and more often, one expressive color is used as a contrast and breakthrough for subdued colors. It will be a good idea to use two elements in the same, intense colors, e.g. pillows on the sofa and a poster on the wall.
4 tips on how to arrange a minimalist style in interiors
When deciding on a minimalistic interior design, it is worth being consistent. If during the arrangement you suddenly like decorative furniture or numerous decorations, you will lose all the effort that has been put in so far. So how to arrange a minimalist interior? Check out 4 rules worth sticking to:
- less is more - the less of a decorations and unnecessary items, the more open, undisturbed space. In a minimalist style, it is also worth choosing multifunctional furniture, and the best option is a custom-made wardrobe. With its help, you will hide everything that does not have to be on top. The fewer things will be displayed, the better you will convey the idea of a minimalist style.
- subdued colors - above we have indicated which colors are most often used in minimalist interiors. The most important thing, however, is to choose a subdued color palette. Pastel colors are often used in a dirty, smoky version. If you want an element of surprise, you can choose some intense color on several items to liven up the interior. It can be one large item, or minor inclusions on several things. Minimalistic interior arrangements favor the flow of natural light, so it is worth taking care not to disturb this effect.
- simplicity and usability - the minimalist style includes interiors based on simple shapes. Abstract, twisted shapes are not that fairy tale. Classic proportions, a bit of austerity, visual lightness and ease of care are precisely the furniture in a minimalist style. If, on the other hand, you care about decorative elements, choose minimalist decorations.
- natural materials - minimalist home interiors should be arranged using high-quality natural materials. Glass, concrete, wood or stone are often used here. Sleep over the eyelids can also spend the selection of tables or chairs. In minimalist-style interiors, it is worth focusing on rattan furniture - these natural products will perfectly fit into such arrangements.
Minimalistic style - how to arrange the interior?
Now you know the tips for interior design, you know what colors to use. Now the question of how to combine a minimalist style with a living room, bathroom or kitchen. Check out our proposals for the arrangement of these rooms.
Living room in a minimalist style
If you want to focus on a minimalist style, you will arrange a living room with a small amount of furniture. In fact, you need a place to sit here, and rattan sofas are great here. A simple rtv cabinet, coffee table, and lamps - this is enough to arrange a living room in a minimalist style.
Minimalist balcony and terrace
The minimalist style works well not only in interiors but also in outdoor spaces. A great and very popular idea is hanging rattan armchairs, which have won the hearts of many people. When arranging a minimalist balcony or terrace, also choose pillows made of natural materials.
Minimalist style kitchen and dining room
A minimalist-style kitchen is usually smooth, varnished fronts in a uniform color. For the dining room, it is worth choosing furniture sets and rattan tables, which will perfectly match simple kitchen furniture. Modern minimalist interiors do not need unnecessary decorations - natural materials are enough, and it is better to focus on quality than quantity.
Bathroom in a minimalist style
The minimalist style is a constant challenge, and one of them is the bathroom. It is worth putting on tiles in imitation of concrete or wood, and on black fittings. Rattan mirrors will be a great idea to complement the composition.
Minimalist interior design is a real challenge! Follow our tips and you'll find it worth the effort. The minimalist style is a timeless interior that will not go out of fashion for many years. See for yourself that it is worth betting on this undeniable functionality and great aesthetics.